This calculator will help you discover the impact of your personal gift or a company campaign. Any gift – large or small – matters!
THE POWER OF ONE DOLLAR PER WEEK
As you consider your United Way contribution this year, consider the impact you could make with just $1 per week on Education, Income, Health, and Safety Net issues. Think about it – that’s just 1 can of soda, or 1 candy bar, or 1 hamburger from the dollar menu each week.
But, what if I told you that your same $1 per week could:
- provide 2 nights of emergency shelter for a homeless person (SAFETY NET), or
- provide a utility deposit for 1 domestic violence victim to move out of a crisis shelter and into an apartment of her own (HEALTH), or
- pay for 10 hours of drop-in childcare for 3 children who have been abused or neglected (HEALTH), or
- pay for 1 student to take the GED test (INCOME), or
- provide 4 students who do not have shoes to start the school year with a new pair of tennis shoes (SAFETY NET), or
- provide enough food to feed a family of four for 5 days (SAFETY NET), or
- provide scholarships for 2 children to attend an after school program for one school year (EDUCATION), or
- provide counsel and advice to a senior citizen on how to obtain benefits for which they are eligible (INCOME), or
- provide 6 senior citizens with needed prescription medications (HEALTH), or
- provide 2 non-English speaking victims with assistance to secure safety from violence (HEALTH), or
- provide 42 minutes of Language Line services on the domestic violence crisis line (HEALTH), or
- cover the entire cost of a professional eye exam for 1 student (HEALTH).
Chances are, you’re going to spend this $1 each week no matter what. The question is: what will be the lasting impact of your choice?
COUNTY HEALTH CALCULATOR
The County Health Calculator is a tool for advocates and policy makers. Health is about more than healthcare. It is about education, income and the environment in which we live. Use the calculator to see how education and income affect health outcomes. Click below to get started.