Committees & Responsibilities
How can Southern Kentuckians participate in meaningful volunteer opportunities and network with a diverse group of peers? There’s one easy way: serve on a United Way committee.
Allocations Committees - Fund Distribution
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Fund Distribution Committees begin to meet in the first quarter each year. These committees make funding recommendations to the Board of Directors. Their responsibilities include:
- Reviewing funding applications
- Meeting with representatives from each agency applying for funding
- Developing funding recommendations
Email email@example.com for more information.
The role of the Campaign Cabinet is to generate revenue for United Way of Southern Kentucky by building relationships with existing and potential donors. Counties with active workplace campaigns have stand alone campaign cabinets. Cabinet members will facilitate the process in their county and will be assigned to a group of accounts. In addition to assigned accounts, members have the opportunity to select high potentials and new business companies as well as individuals for personal visits.
The committee provides insight into the needs of educators and students, especially in regards to Kindergarten Readiness and College and Career Readiness. Their key responsibilities include:
- To facilitate ideas and tangible steps that can be taken to improve education in the region.
- To assist with identifying resources and tools that may benefit educators throughout the nine county service area.
- To build relationships with potential partners interested in early childhood education.
Emerging Leader Council
The Emerging Leader Council Goals:
- To act as an advisory council to United Way of Southern Kentucky, and to generate new and creative ways to engage, inspire, educate and empower young professionals, in order to to make a difference through volunteerism, advocacy, and philanthropy.
- To increase awareness of United Way with emerging generations.
- To create strategies and messages that engage young professionals where they are.
- To make a lasting difference in our community.