THE GOAL OF THIS FUND – is to relieve hardship for vulnerable working families due to quarantine or disruption of income, to support the coordination of community health and human service relief efforts, and to ensure equity in the distribution of philanthropic resources across Southern Kentucky. While services to support will continue to evolve as the impact of the COVID-19 Crisis continues to increase, current critical need areas include:
- Support food pantries and other vital food resources through providing financial resources to help prevent hunger and lack of nutrition resources
- Prevent growth in homelessness due to the economic impacts of COVID-19 by aiding low-income individuals, displaced workers and families through emergency support for basic needs such as rent and utilities.
- Aid education by providing technology support to low-income students who require assistance with technology and other means to stay connected to their academic instruction and learning.
- Encourage Mental Health through supporting agencies that can counsel and guide individuals through this difficult crisis.
- Other urgent community needs that develop due to the COVID-19 crisis.